Event manager + communication officer
As result of an employee switch I worked one day a week for Kulturhus Borne on: organization of Cultural Events, Communications and PR, Information Management, City Marketing. The definition of the Dutch Kulturhus concept is: a colourful combination of non-profit and business services in the fields of culture, health, welfare and education presented as one and situated in one building. These are a sort of community houses – especially designed for smaller centres or districts – which are used for multiple purposes. In other words: a ‘house of culture in the broadest sense, open to everyone’.
- 08.03.08 – International Day for Women. We’ve invited all the women in Borne for a international breakfast in the Kulturhus followed by a lecture about and by a successful entrepreneur and immigrant woman.
- 20.04.08 – Borne at it’s Best. I’ve been involved in the organization of the writing contest for children and adults, the dictation and the overall organization of the program within the Kulturhus.
- 07.10.07/08 – Two years in a row: Cook and Kulture market where we asked participation of the citizens of Borne to create this market. This way local people from different ethnic backgrounds could share their own Kulture and food with their community.
- 16.11.07/08 – International day for tolerance. Two years in a row we organized Coffee house Kulturhus where we asked local people in Borne to come and share their coffee and tea habits and rituals. There were a lot of people off all ages, ethnic and religious backgrounds. The perfect environment for a debate about tolerance.
- 01.09.07 – Presentation of the Kulturhus and her residents at an open day of the municipality.
- 01.10.07 – Bert Haanstra Festival – Filmhuis Borne
- 03.10.07 – Live Cluede for the primary school kids in Borne. Who killed the lady in the coffee corner? Via all the institutions as the library, music school and the theatre the kids had to find evidence, talk to the figurants and solve the mystery.
- 16.11.07 – Opening for the start of the new ‘Harry Potter’ book sale.
- 21.12.07 – Christmas meeting. We organized a candle light tour through the old city centre of Borne. Along the way students of the music school and theatre groups performed in Dickens style. Afterwards there was a Groovy christmas party whit entertainment: Blues Brothers on a Mission